Wednesday, December 3, 2008

May

I woke up this morning feeling every opposite feeling of peace and safety. It's the feeling you get when you step into the unknown. But it's a little more than that, see. Because I have this overwhelming feeling that I want change. It's so beautiful the way God designed the human soul. What we love doing day after day can one day just become "not enough," as we begin our search for new ground.

I have no idea what I'm looking for today. A new hobby, a new person, a big decision. Whatever it is, I trust that I'll find it. A few minutes ago, I walked in a worried fashion over to our church library to make some tea for my throat. I saw an old woman with a very pretty face sitting in there, probably aware that I was there, but perhaps thinking that a young person would never have a need or interest to speak with her. I walked in, and I remarked on how her appearance is so similar to Shirley MacClaine's. She got this huge smile, and began spouting off things that normally I would 'never have time to listen to'. And I just drank it in.

Sometimes we just need to step outside ourselves I suppose. And see how the universe takes care of us, no matter what. And as quickly as fear creeps into our hearts, it should be shown the door.

Oh and by the way...her name is May. :)

No comments: