After a more quiet work event tonight, I paid my jolly good friend Shelly a visit. We spent time talking about how shocking a rhythm Time seems to steadfastedly adhere to, and how it's really just relentless. Time - in it's entire lifetime - has never taken a break. Shelly and I started to come up with ways of how to con Time into taking a break, perhaps a nap at least!
It's a pretty startling thought though, isn't it? Time never stops. If you focus on *that* though, I'd like to think you'd get pretty consumed in what you're not getting done, what you're missing...all the things you're lacking.
Tonight, I was reviewing some videos I'd posted on my flickr page. And sometimes pictures and videos can really help you to see your life from a 'zoomed-out' perspective. The truth is that I have a pretty fantastic life, laden with beautifully relaxed moments that beg to be appreciated. I just never seem to have the "time" to do so.
Tonight, I'd like to pause time. (Against the laws of physics, of course.) And just observe how blessed I am. A job I love, my children whom I love, a family whom I love, wonderful friends whom I love, laughter AND tears, nature, depth, love, beauty, talent, heavenly riches, grace, Joy, people who love me...and a God who wants only to fulfill me and to give me full life.
......Unpause. :)
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment