Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Snow White is throwing dishes, again..."



One might wonder why I would choose to make *this* my first entry.


When I was a little girl, it was my dream to be Snow White. My mother even sewed (from scratch) the most fanciful Snow White gown for me to wear. Oh, my idealism was in full force in those days, and nothing could interrupt it, over-shadow or over-power it. Nothing. That's one of the best things about children, their idealism is so refreshing and invincible.


But on this rainy Tuesday in August, I realize that I'm far from that patient, naive, sweet, cautious and even-tempered princess I once admired. I'm cranky, frustrated, bored, ill-tempered, confused and very impatient. But can I still be a princess?


See, I was listening to a song earlier today which contained the subject of this blog...well...not exactly. It says she's doing the dishes again, but that just didn't accurately describe my mood. My only question is: can we still be princesses if we're not maintaining the ideal? For me, I can only hope. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am currently obsessed with that song. Glad you started listening to more of her stuff.